February 17th, 2009
- Talk to the leader at the meeting, by phone, or email them about the trip.
- If the leader confirms your place on the trip, you can then pay for the trip at a lunchtime meeting. Ordinarily, you must pay for the trip by the MONDAY BEFORE you leave.
- When you come up to the desk to pay, tell the Treasurer what trip you are going on and how much it is (Note: some trips may require you to pay an extra $10 (approx) if you are staying in huts and you do not have an Annual Hut Pass). The trips fill up quickly so places are allocated on a first in first served basis.
- The Treasurer may give you a numbered form to fill in with the trip name and leader already on it. Please fill this in with all your details and then pay. You will be given a receipt and your form back, which you must give to your trip leader. The pink form confirms your place on the trip as it shows you have paid and helps the leader in planning.
- If, for some reason, you have to pull out of a trip after you have paid, you won’t automatically receive a full refund (some cases at discretion of committee). Talk to the treasurer and they will decide the refund based on the circumstances.
- Once you have paid and your place is confirmed, check with the leader about the gear needed, the time to meet at Clubs & Socs, and don’t forget to bring some money for takeaways on the way there and back.
- If you don’t have all the personal gear you need and you don’t want to buy it or borrow from a friend then a good option is to hire it from Recreation Services at Unipol (96 Anzac Ave, 479 5888) at a very reasonable cost or take your membership card along to R&R Sport and receive a 15% discount.
- Have a great time and remember that the leaders have paid to go on the trip too – help them out.
Note: if you would like to purchase an Annual Hut Pass at a discounted rate ask the Treasurers for an FMC Card.