Paradise 2020 [Arthur's Pass edition] Premeet
Our first trip of the year is next weekend (28th Feb - 1st Mar) to the amazing location of ARTHURS PASS!!!!! If you want to come must attend the pre-meeting on Tuesday 25th at 7PM in BURNS 1 LECTURE THEATRE.
The trip will cost $80 and you must bring this to the pre-meet (preferable as cash, although we can take card) as we take payment on the night so we can organise food etc. At the meeting we will provide information explaining equipment you will need for the weekend and what trips are available (there is a range of easy, medium and hard trips).
Quick overview of the Paradise Trip:
- Meeting at Clubs and Societies at 5.30pm on Friday (28th of Feb) and travelling to Paradise via Bus/Vans (approx 5hrs travelling).
- Staying at Hawdon Shelter Campsite
- Easy, Medium and Hard day walks going out on Saturday
- Some activities Saturday night
- On Sunday take part in our river-crossing training then have a swim or maybe do some bouldering
- Depart the campsite for Dunedin at approx midday on Sunday
There will be a lot more information at the pre-meet.If you know of anyone who is intending to come to Paradise but is not yet a clubmember, tell them that they MUST sign up at the club meeting (Tuesday, 5-6pm, OUSA building, Albany St), or online https://www.outc.org.nz/sign-up prior to the pre-meet at 7pm.Regarding river-crossing, if you do it on Paradise you are not required to come out to the course we'll be running on the 4th of March to attend Fiordland. We'll send out an email next week regarding signing up for that course.Another point to note. We will be holding a GEAR BUY NIGHT at Bivouac store which is along George st on the Wednesday 26th from 6-8pm. They will be offering us a 20% discount for this evening, with some items further discounted - so it's a perfect time for you to buy any gear that you might be in need of. There will also be spot prizes drawn at random times throughout the evening so it's worth attending!I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday,